8 ways to Find Out Who’s Tracking You Through Your Phone
In this day and age hacking and tracking has become more and more real and we are all worried about how safe and secure we are with all these new technologies. So we are throwing a few helpful tips/facts that can help you determine if your privacy is at risk and identify if you are being tracked.
- With *#21#, you can find out whether your calls, messages and other data are being diverted.
- -Dial *#62# if you want to find out where calls, messages, and data are being redirected to if it seems that no one can get through to you.
- -##002# is a universal code for switching off all forms of redirection away from your phone. -Dial *#06# to find out your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identifier).
- If you know this number, you can find your phone if someone steals it.
- Special codes exist that allow someone to track your location and also to determine whether someone is following you. The ones to be suspicious of our mobile base stations — this could be a truck or small bus with a large antenna.
- -If you use Android, you should periodically check your phone for viruses. PlaceRaider is one of the most dangerous ones that can infect your device.
- -If a phone makes odd noises during a conversation, loses battery power rapidly, overheats, or unexpectedly restarts, this is merely an indication that you need to get it repaired rather than a telltale sign that you’re being listened to.
- -Use messaging apps that are completely closed to outsiders, such as Telegram, Chare, Wickr, or Signal. Don’t install unknown programs on your phone, keep close track of the apps you have installed, and use multiple security locks wherever you can.